Have you been injured in an automobile accident?
If so, contact the Law Office of Meighan M. Dunn immediately. Figuring out what to do after an accident is overwhelming. There are many circumstances that complicate the issues of any accident. It is very confusing to sort out the details, and with so much at stake, proper legal counsel is crucial. I understand how devastating a serious collision can be, and recognize the challenge of restoring physical and emotional well being in you and your loved ones. I am sympathetic to everything you and your family are going through, but tough when fighting for you.
What you should do after an accident?
An accident is a shattering experience. It is natural to panic and get upset. However, it is very important that you remain as calm as possible. This will enable you to obtain the information you need and take the proper next steps:
- Exchange information with the other driver – obtain insurance and contact information but DO NOT get into any discussion or argument about the accident.
- Call the police or CHP – give the officer information needed to make a report but DO NOT offer any statements that may suggest you are at fault
- Take pictures of the location of the accident and the position of the vehicles, damage on the vehicles, license plates, VIN numbers, skid marks, injuries, etc.
- Get medical care and treatment right away – you may need an ambulance at the scene or your injuries may appear days later. Either way, it is important that you mitigate your damages and recover from your injuries as soon as possible. Your claim will be based on the severity of your injuries diagnosed by healthcare professionals and the treatment needed to heal.
- Speak with an attorney – Call me today to discuss your case!
Compensation you can recover
The amount will depend upon the severity of your accident and the injuries, but you can be compensated for:
- Repair or replacement of your vehicle
- Loss of use of your vehicle
- Medical bills
- Future medical treatment
- Loss wages
- Out of pocket expenses
- Pain and suffering caused by your medical injuries and emotional distress
I will diligently prepare your case and aggressively fight on your behalf to obtain the best result possible. I will work hard to settle your case and avoid going to trial. If I come to an impasse with the insurance company, or the 2-year statute of limitations is about to expire, I will file a complaint with the court and the case goes into litigation. But first, I will prepare a demand letter to the insurance carrier. Then I will tenaciously negotiate for the highest possible dollar amount. After recovery is obtained, I will negotiate with the medical providers to get their bills down, putting maximum compensation in your pocket.
No fees unless you win
You pay nothing unless and until I win your case. My fees are based on a reasonable percentage of the recovery I obtain for you. Contact me today for a free, no-pressure consultation.